Terms and Conditions of the French Competition for Egyptian Startups
1. Objectives of the French Competition for Egyptian Startups
The French Competition for Egyptian Startups (the “Competition“) aims for the selection of platforms using innovative ways to engage with customers or enables new ways of doing business, allowing organizations to be agile and fast in reaction to market needs and by leveraging on data analytics in each of the following domains:
- Health: Healthcare / Health surveillance / Health education & Awareness / Prevention / Knowledge & Research / Healthcare Data Analytics & Big Data / Electronic healthcare records / Telemedicine / Medical Insurance / Nutrition
- Fintech: Fintech / InsurTech / lending / identity authentication / financial inclusion / budgeting & investment tools / customer experience / operational excellence.
- Sustainable Cities: Renewable Energy / New Mobility (Automated Driving, Sharing Business Models, V2X & Digitalization, Last Mile Delivery Solutions & Business Models and Electrification) / Waste Management / Energy Efficiency / Smart Homes
2. Date and Place of the French Competition for Egyptian Startups
01/11/2019 – 30/04/2019 in Egypt.
3. Participation criteria
- Participation is limited to a legally established Egyptian startup company with 51% or more of its equity owned by one/several Egyptian national(s) (the ”Participant“).
- Participation is based on a single business idea either product or service owned by the Participant.
- No limitations are included related to number of years of operations, yearly turn over or number of the Participants’ organization.
- Submitted product or service ideas must be at a minimum stage of a working MVP– Minimum Viable Product features.
4. Requirements for acceptance of application and rules of participation
- Submission must contain all the required documentation listed on this website.
- Submission must be conducted by the authorized company representative based on the company commercial registration or through a delegation letter signed by the company’s representative with an authorization to submit in the context of the Competition.
- Submitted product or service ideas must include market feedback proof, proving customer desirability. Customer acquisition is not a must but will be of an added value.
- Participation must include a minimum of 2 team members.
- Each team (the “Participating Team“) must declare a team leader during phase one submission, which cannot be changed after the submission of phase one. Other team members must be declared during phase 2, team presentation. Change of any of the team members after conducting the presentation is subject to the decision of the team managing the Competition (the “Competition Management Team“) and may cause the dismissal of the Participant from continuing the competition.
- In case the assigned team leader is not the authorized company representative then a signed delegation letter from the authorized company representative must be added to the Competition submission.
- The team leader will handle all communication as a single point of contact with the Competition Management Team.
- The Participating Team must submit their ideas using the dedicated online submission form during phase one. During phase two the Participating Team must follow the presentation template which will be sent to shortlisted participating teams. Any other formats or media will not be accepted. All mandatory fields must be completed upon pressing the submission form. Submission must be completed before the deadline of each phase.
- The Participating Team will have the right to change, edit and/or delete any information before the set deadline to submit applications. After the deadline the Participating Team will be granted view only access right to the applications without any editing or modification access rights.
- Incomplete or incorrect registration forms will not be accepted and will automatically and by right entail the exclusion of the Participating Team from the Competition.
- The Competition Management Team will have the right to change the category of submission chosen by the Participant without consulting with the Participant.
- All submission to and communication with the Competition Management Team and the final presentation pitch will be conducted in English language, the use of any other languages will not be taken into consideration
- By entering the Competition, the Participating Team agree, without exception, to abide by all of the Competition’s rules, rules of ethical conduct, and all laws, regulations and other rules applicable in Egypt. The Competition Management Team is not required to return submissions to Participants once the Competition ends.
- The Participating Team declare their acceptance of all policies, procedures and rules of the Competition upon submitting their ideas through this website.
- The Competition consists of three different phases as detailed on this website.
- The general rules related to the composition of the panel of juries (the “Jury Panel“) and the winners selection procedures are to be found on this website.
- The decision of the Jury Panel will be final and binding for the Participating Team. The Jury Panel will not be under any obligation to motivate its decision.
- Participating Team hereby declare that they are the sole creators and owners of the idea and project presented for the contest, that the projects have not already been partially or fully disclosed (through public presentations, patents, etc.) and are not the result of plagiarism.
- The Participant and the Participating Team shall retain the intellectual property ownership of their ideas and projects. All intellectual property rights of the Participant and the Participating Team shall be protected in accordance to the Egyptian intellectual property laws and regulations.
- The Participating Team hereby agree and acknowledge that any photos, videos and/or other recordings taken during the Competition can and will be used by the Competition Management Team and that said Competition Management Team shall have a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to copy, use, display and publish the photos, any videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded materials in which you appear in any online, electronic and/or print format (including but not limited any social media sites or platforms) for any educational and/or promotional purposes of the Competition’s content partners and/or sponsors.
- Throughout the contest, the Competition Management Team will have the right to communicate publicly about the Participating Team and their progress. The Participating Team therefore agree to provide biographical information and photographs as requested by the Competition Management Team and to allow these items to be published on the website and on social media, printed media or any other type of media for the purpose of communicating about the contest.
- The Participant and the Participating Team are not allowed to announce or mention any information about the submitted idea(s) to any third party. The Participant and the Participating Team agree to refrain from sharing any information about their project.
- At any time, the Competition Management Team, shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify a Participant in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Jury Panel will determine participation eligibility, declare winners (including but not limited to in the event of a tie), and award prizes in its sole and absolute discretion. You agree that such decisions are final and are not subject to review or reconsideration.
- All prizes will be subject to any tax withholding applicable or required by law to the extent permitted by law.
- The Participant and the Participating Team must comply with all applicable rules and policies. The Competition Management Team reserves the right to expel any individual from the premises or to remove the individual from the Competition if the individual is not authorized to participate or be present at the Competition, is violating any of the applicable rules and policies, is violating these Terms and Conditions, and/or is otherwise disruptive or engaging in activities detrimental to the conduct of the Competition, all as determined by the Competition Management Team in its sole discretion.
- The Competition and the present Terms & Conditions are subject to the Egyptian laws and regulations and any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Competition and/or these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Cairo courts.
- The Competition Management Team reserves the right to cancel or postpone the innovation challenge if circumstances so require. The Participant and the Participating Team will not be entitled to any compensation or damages for the cancellation of the Competition for which the Competition Management Team shall not be held liable.
- These Terms & Conditions may be subject to changes from time to time. Any amendments to the present Terms & Conditions shall be reflected on this Website.